It may take a few days until all the installers are updated to the latest version.
With SilverFast 8.8
support for some older operating systems is discontinued
All 32-bit operating systems.
The 2-gigabyte-per-process memory limit is increasingly impractical for high-end image processing. Moreover, 32-bit computers tend to be older, slower machines, so the user experience is suboptimal for a computing-intensive application like SilverFast 8. (Note that Apple's Aperture® 3.3 and Adobe's Lightroom® 4 and Photoshop® CS6 have already dropped 32-bit support.)
OS X 10.5/10.6 (Snow Leopard).
Due to upgrades in development tools, system libraries, programming languages, and our code base it might not be possible to continue backward compatibility for OS X 10.5/10.6. Apple® appears to have stopped security updates for Snow Leopard, and other vendors (including Adobe®) are already specifying 10.7 (Lion) in the system requirements for their latest products. (Snow Leopard was almost five years ago.)
See discussion above regarding 32-bit operating systems. The vast majority of XP deployments are 32-bit; 64-bit XP has a minuscule market share. (Note that XP support was already dropped in Adobe's Lightroom 4, and the next version of Photoshop will follow suit. Moreover, Microsoft® has officially dropped support for Windows XP.)
Most of our professional and serious amateur users have already moved to recent-generation 64-bit operating systems, so we do not expect a large number of users to be impacted if we drop support for 32-bit operating systems. For those who are still using one of these older systems, we encourage you to start planning for a migration to a newer, 64-bit operating system.
- General: New feature to allow previewing all images added to JobManager in one go
- General: Support for Photoshop Elements 15
- General: Improved stability when scanning in highest resolution mode.
- General: Frame menu missed out on "Settings" item - fixed. (Had still been present in frame button menu, though.)
- Microtek Scanmaker 9800 XL plus: Removed 600 PPI scan resolution because of quality issues with that resolution driver-side
- General: It could have that the Navigator lost its preview after a zoom action - fixed
- General: If a mask had been given a name in SRDx tool, that would overwrite a name of the mask from SCC - fixed
- SilverFast HDR Studio: You could copy iSRD in SilverFast HDR/Studio from an image with infrared channel to one that had not have infrared data - fixed
- General: You could mix the basic options "Reflective" and "NegaFix" - fixed
- General: Navigator could blacken out if SC2G History entry was deactivated - fixed
- General: Certain circumstances would lead to disable the option to delete SCC masks - fixed
- SilverFast HDR Studio: Crash could occur when jumping from 1:1 view mode to next image in JopManager when rendering negatives
- General: Fixed a glitch where user was not able to do a coloring of greyscale images in HDR Studio
- General: Crash could occur when jumping from zoomed view mode to next image via Navigator if automatically set auto-focus point was being used
- General: Ensuring that Auto Frame Finding uses color bit depth and from current scan frame
- General: SilverFast now to load TIFF which as as containers for JPEGs
- General: Implementing auto sharpness presets
- General: SilverFast to allow opening of images after scan in Photoshop CC 2015.5
- General: SilverFast's user interface improved for usage on 4k/high resolution displays
- General: Taking precautions that image/scan dimensions tool window can't get lost
- General: Ensuring that intro movee can be displayed in proper size
- General: Facebook API update
- Epson: SilverFast to end interfering process "Epson scanner monitor", so it can detect scanner better.
- General: HDRi RAW files saved with 8.8.0r4 had issues with NegaFix - fixed
- CanoScan 9000F Mark II: Offset when applying iSRD corrections to image on Windows - fixed
- SilverFast HDR Studio: In WorkFlow Pilot mode HDRi RAW scanned as negatives where not detected as such in SilverFast HDR/Studio - fixed
- General: No function of SRDx tools in WorkFlow Pilot mode - fixed
- General: Resizing the scan frame could lead to a problem in calculating clone tool adjustments - fixed
- General: Densitometer ceased to work when Multi-Exposure preview was active - fixed
- General: Certain actions in the frame menu could crash the software - fixed
- General: In 8.8.0r4 matching to monitor profile was applied even if set to none - fixed
- General: Copying the color depth of "48 Bit HDR RAW" to another entry in the JobMonitor list did not deactivate the filters accordingly in the UI, if you already had the target image in the preview - fixed
- General: A couple of minor fixes to the clone tool
- General: Checking and improving of existing WorkFlows
- General: When leaving the WorkFlow Pilot when the neutral pipette had been activated, but not yet used, the mouse cursor wouldn't change appropriately - fixed
- General: Improved ICC scanner profiles
- General: The PrinTao tool integrated into SilverFast could forget settings done in the printer options - fixed
- Issue could occur: Batchscan saves the same image for all files in the batch - fixed
- General: Forced refresh of 1:1 zoom when coming back from VLT
- General: Crash when copying frame with SRDX in JobManager - fixed
- General: Densitometer memory usage improved
- Reflecta DigitDia 6000: Improved image frame finding to avoid cutting into the image for certain motifs
- General: Crash when launching Focus tool from out of 1:1 SRDX dialog - fixed
- Reflecta ProScan 7200: Refresh of all HQ previewing when reentering the view mode
- General: Changed design of SilverFast PrinTao color tool
- General: Usage of iSRD and SRD in combination enabled
- General: Undo commands for SRDX
- General: Redesign of SilverFast PrinTao tool to better fit into tools dock
- General: Clicking VLT button wouldn't go to VLT if in 1:1 SRDX view - fixed
- General: Separation of iSRD and SRDX tools to make it easier to use
- General: Glitch with white UI sections on screen when moving image part selection with space key pressed fixed
- Canon CanoScan 9000F: Removed option icon for Auto-Focus when it's actually not available
- General: Improved handling of available memory when SilverFast dialog options are used extensively
- Plustek: Forced updating of new drivers to ensure support for OS X 10.11
- General: Generated profiles now deliver an even calculation especially for shadow tones, based on latest algorithms
- Nikon: Changed exposure base settings to improve overall image quality, but especially for shadows
- General: Implementing support for Photoshop Elements 14
- General: The JPEG algorithm is using the user setting for image quality correctly again.
- Reflecta MF5000: Solved CCD calibration freeze.
- General: Wrong error message after each image of overview scanning fixed.
- General: Using IT8 calibration from out of 1:1 preview mode could destabilize SilverFast - fixed.
- Reflecta ProScan 7200: Random crashes when using iSRD and Multi-Exposure in combination - fixed.
- Epson Perfection 4870 Photo / GT-X700: Rare crashes with ME preview at 2400 PPI fixed.
- General: Fixed occurences of missing checkboxes in tool titles.
- New NegaFix profile for Nikon LS 8000: Fuji Pro H800
- New Feature: Hot-Folder
- New Feature: SRD X
- Performance improvement: No final scan necessary any longer, if 1:1 or HQ scan done before.
- UI performance improvements: Sliders operating more smoothly.
- Plustek OpticFilm 120: SilverFast for Plustek installer could freeze due to Epson service running - fixed.
- General: Instances of Multi-Exposure not overlaying two scans correctly fixed.