It may take a few days until all the installers are updated to the latest version.
- all FileReader (HDR, DC, etc.): added Checkbox "Process as Negative (use NegaFix)" to JobManager Options
- Epson Perfection V750 Pro / GT-X970: Added full support for the EPSON X970
- All versions with camera raw support: Added support and profiles for raw images from Nikon D5000 and profiles for raw images from Canon EOS 1D Mark III.
- All versions with camera raw.: Added raw camera profiles for Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III.
- EPSON V700 / V750 / X970: Improved NegaFix Profiles for Epson V700 & V750
- All Minolta: Added new NegaFix profiles for Minolta scanners.
- All versions with camera raw.: Added support for raw images from camera Ricoh GX 200 shot with aspect ratio 1:1.
- Epson Perfection 3170 / 3170 Photo / GT-9400UF: Added Vista 32/64 support for the EPSON Perfection 3170
- General: Kodachrome mode only available for SE + versions, but now also available in SE Demo.
- General: adjusted AutoIT8 for Kodachrome
- All SE: fixed crash in SE version when (fine-)rotating in zoomed mode, and scan frame becomes located partly outside of the viewed area
- Canon CanoScan FS4000US: Added Kodachrome support for Canon FS4000US Scanner.
- Plustek OpticBook A 300: Support for Plustek OpticBook A300 scanner added.
- Plustek Smart Office PL3000: added support for this new Plustek Scanner
- EPSON: Improved support for EPSON Scanners with XP64, Vista 32 and Vista 64, please see compatibility list for changes !
- all with FindFrame automatic: Added the "Copy resolution to all scan frames" menu option in the reflective mode
- Nikon 35mm scanners:
- All iSRD scanners:
- All SE: eliminates crash in SE version when (fine-)rotating in zoomed mode, and scan frame becomes located partly outside of the viewed area
- General: enhanced Auto IT8 Calibration for Kodachrome charts
- Nikon LS 5000ED / Super Coolscan 5000 ED: improved Filmstrip handling, no more crashes when changing the strips while still in SilverFast
- all CanonSDK: switched off iSRD for reflective mode
- all CanonSDK: improved iSRD-AutoAlignment for 48 bit scans
- Canon CanoScan 9950F:
- Nikon 35mm Scanner mit APS Halter:
- General: Scanning with enabled auto descreening in reflective mode could cause problems when scanning in transparency mode afterwards, this issue is fixed now
- All versions with camera raw support: New supported raw camera: Ricoh Caplio GX100
- all with raw noise filters: Improved white balance when using the ColorNoise or LuminanceNoise filter.
- all with iSRD on multi-processor Intel-Mac: fixed a bug which could cause a possible hang on Intel based Multi Core Macs runnig 10.4
- All versions with camera raw support: New supported raw cameras: Canon PowerShot G10, Casio Exilim EX-FH20, Nikon CoolPix P6000, Leica Digilux 3, Leica V-Lux 1, Olympus SP-565UZ, Panasonic FX150, Panasonic G1 and Sony Alpha 900.
- Nikon LS-8000 & Nikon LS-9000: Added Offset Tool for Nikon LS 8000 + LS 9000 when using Medium Format Strip Holders
- All versions with camera raw support: Implemented Canon sRAW format support.
- All versions with camera raw support: Added profiles for already supported raw cameras Canon EOS 40D, Nikon D50, Olympus SP-320, Olympus E-400, Olympus SP-560 UZ, Olympus SP-570 UZ, Panasonic FZ8, Panasonic L1, Pentax K100D Super, Fuji FinePix S6500FD and Fuji FinePix S9600.
- all iSRD: Slight straightening of iSRD Workflow: formerly a new layer was created when the User ticked the SRD checkbox. Now it simply switches from iSRD to SRD, if the User wants to combine iSRD & SRD he has to create a new layer.
- all Canon SDK: Sometimes after scanning some transparencies a colorcast started to show ( sometimes strong, sometimes weak ).
This was especially visible on the Canon 8800F, but also on other Canon Scanners. This instability has been fixed by changing the way we calibrate.
- All versions with camera raw support: Bugfixed preview of raw images (in VLT) without embedded thumbnails.
- General: Added Photoshop CS4 support for Mac and Windows
- Heidelberg Topaz (Mac): New and improved Negafix Profiles for Topaz
- General: Faster iSRD on multi core computers.
- all with PrinterProfilingWizard: The PrinterProfilingWizard has been augmented with another tool, the ProfileEditor, which allows to refine the neutrality of measured printer ICC profiles.
- all HDR / DC etc.: Improve work flow of the DC-Pro-Target calibration.
- All versions with camera raw support:
- Nikon LS-8000 and Nikon LS-9000: Now added Nikon LS-8000 and Nikon LS-9000 to supported scanners for the new NikonSF Version.
- All NikonSF: Changed Auto exposure for NikonSF Versions.
Now there is no Auto exposure Button anymore, Auto exposure will be done internally, no more extra scan for Auto exposure!
- All NikonSF: Fixed Bug that could occur if using Multisampling and iSRD together.
- General: Added Kodachrome Feature to Plustek Film Scanners 7200, 7200i, 7300 and 7500i, Heidelberg Scanners Topaz, NexScan, Tango, PrimeScan and Chromagraph, Quato IntelliScan 5000
- Chromagraph Mac & PC: Added 48 / 16 Bit Output for Linotype Chromagraph Scanners.
Although they only deliver 24/8 Bit, we now allow users to Output the 48 Bit we use internally.
These data have been achieved by Log to linear Interpolation and is by far better then linear 24/8 Bit data.
- General: the IT8 calibration now requires a result deltaE value of less than 6.0 to be taken successful.
- Nikon LS-8000 and LS-9000: Added a better way to scan Medium Format Filmstrips for the Nikon LS-8000 and LS-9000 ! Now there is a Format selection, similar to the Nikon Maid Version.
- HDR, DC, and DCpro, etc.: The SilverFast HDR, DC, and DCpro versions now include all sets of NegaFix profiles.
- General: iSRD Worflow and handling has been improved in Preview Dialog, especially when working with multiple layers
- Chromagraph, Tango and PrimeScan: All LinoType Hell Drum Scanners now identify their Drum ID so one can prepare more then one drum before scanning !
- All SE: Batch Scanning is now enabled for ALL SE Versions !
- General: we added the following white balance profiles for the SilverFast DC line of Products:
Sony Alpha 100,
Leica V-Lux 1,
LEICA DIGILUX 3,
Ricoh GR Digital II,
Sony Alpha 200,
Sony Alpha 300,
Sony Alpha 350,
- Nikon 35 mm Scanners: We added native Support for Nikon LS-5000, LS-4000, LS-50 and LS-40.
This means we no longer need Nikon Drivers to be installed on OS X for these scanners and are able to profide rock solid Leopard support for these Scanners
- All flatbed scanners that can be IT8-calibrated: It is now possible to activate the new "Printer Profiling Wizard" by an appropriate serial number.
- CMS: Long file names of ICC profiles were listed truncated in the Option dialog's CMS panel. Now the full file name (without path) is used.
- General: Added a Service Button to the Universal Launcher so the User can easily enter the Service Mode that allows to reset the serial number, reset the Preferences or to copy the SilverFast logfile to the desktop for sending it to support.
- Microtek ScanMaker 9800 XL: Scans of high Multi-Sampling factors and large heights (in pixels) were scanned distorted.
Corrected this by reading the true image height from the scanner in an alternative manner.