Advantages over previous versions
The two main changes compared to previous versions of the SilverFast Launcher are completely new: the User-Interface and the Universal-Binary Format of the Mac Version.
At a glance:
- Completely revised user interface with tabs for the individual areas
- Simple handling of all installed SilverFast versions. The tabs clearly show which versions are currently installed on the computer.
- Universal-Binary format for Apple Intel-Macs under Mac OS X
- Full compatibility with Photoshop CS3 / CS4
- Multi-lingual: the new Universal Launcher may be switched into any supported language while running - no restart required.
- Helpful information: The "Extras" tab offers a variety of Links to supporting SilverFast webpages
The 6 tabs of the SF Launcher:
Palette for the installed SilverFast scanner modules
Palette for the installed SilverFast DC modules
Palette for the installed SilverFast HDR modules
Palette for the installed SilverFast PrinTao modules
Palette containing interesting and helpful links to SilverFast pages
Palette containing information about the SilverFast Universal Launcher
SilverFast Universal Launcher as a Stand-Alone Application
SilverFast Version 6.5.5r1 or later now offers SilverFast Universal Launcher version 3.
SilverFast may be used as an independent "Stand-Alone" application by means of the SilverFast Launcher. The advantage of the Universal Launcher is that little memory is needed, and that applications can be launched much faster.
No additional applications are required for operating any SilverFast product under Mac and Windows.
Naturally, SilverFast can still be launched from within Photoshop and as a TWAIN module.
Using SF Launcher is easy:
- First open the the "SF Launcher.app" application.
- Please click the palette with your selected SilverFast Module, in this example the camera palette.
- Please click the Start button for the relevant SilverFast software, in this example on the upper button with SilverFast DC Pro Studio. The chosen version will begin immediately.
- The final scans will be saved directly to disk.